I feel like there’s so much good knitty stuff to talk about that I feel some bullets are in order 🙂
- Yarn and color cards have been ordered for the Venezia Pullover and the Phildar sweater. So now all that’s left to do is wait! I really thank everyone for their valuable feedback. I would be lost with and in a yarn tangle without you! 😉
- I am done with the skirt on the Tilted Duster and will be picking up the stitches at some point today for the collar. So far so wonderfully good but I think I wish I had sewed the sleeves in when I sewed the sides and shoulders but with good lighting and patience I’m sure the sleeves will set in just nicely! I made them a tinge too long as I got carried away with the cuff ribbing but I’m hoping to squish them a bit in the blocking process.
- I finally got a chance to to take a pic of the Rowan Cardigan from the Studio 6 book – so you can weigh in on that one too. My hangup about it was having the huge chunky cables up the back of the piece. At first I was leaning towards no, but recently have thought that it would be quite lovely.
- I’m also loving the new issue of Vogue Knitting (haha despite the Obvious!). There is a ton of great knitting to boot! I immediately casted on for Norah Gaughn’s Medallion Shawl with some Rowan Silk Wool I had in the stash. I’m on the 7th row of the first repeat where I have to knit into both loops of a Double Yarn over. I at first though you dropped both stitches but realized that no indeed you need both loops – so I’m knitting in the the front of one and the back of the the other and hoping that is right.
- I’ll be rooting for the hometown boys today in the playoffs. GO G-MEN!!
- And if you happen to be in the Hoboken area today I’m working at Patricia’s Yarns. So stop by!