this indecision killing me

I’ve spent all today thinking about the knits of 08 and I can’t seem to make my mind up about anything.  I keep seeing one thing and obsessing over it then letting it simmer and then obsessing over the next thing and then going back to that first thing again.  Over and over again… so now I’ve come for your advice…

The first knit I have been obsessing over today is the Venezia pullover.  A beautiful one can be seen here at Girlwhoknits, Erin did such a beautiful job and I love the yarn color subtsitution she did.  I want to make this now but don’t have a local LYS that carries this yarn and it’s terribly hard to pick different colors on the internet.  So I don’t know what to do about that – therefore it’s on pause.

The next knit that has me excitable is a pretty bulky cardigan from the Rowan Studio book, Issue Six.  I haven’t been able to get a photo yet up but picture bulky cables, with a picked up k2, p2 ribbing collar, and half length sleeves (makes me also think of the Best Friend Cardigan by Twinkle).  Now, I was all about this up until I realized that the bulky cables ran up the back of the sweater and I’m not sure how I feel about that.  There is no picture of the back so I’m just going on my imagination. Part of me thinks that I can just make a plain back and cabled fronts but will that look good and or fit just as well if the cables are a part of the shaping?  I mean it is Big Wool and we all knows how quickly that knits up so I could so it and rip it and redo it and still get it done in a resonable timeframe…. thus, I still change my mind.

Finally a pullover from Phildar that can been seen here as done by fabulous Klement has been in the "queue" for some time now.  The quandry I’m having with that is that I cannot decide which yarn to choose.  I was set on Rowan Cashsoft but am debating on making it with a 100% merino wool instead.  It’s all about the drape… again something I can’t really see until I knit it up.

So you gotta let me know, should I knit this or should I go?……………..search for more sweaters that is…

11 thoughts on “this indecision killing me

1. Lolly says:

You just have to knit all of them! maybe you could have the Venezia as a longer term project and make the Phildar one quickly? They are all lovely πŸ™‚
    Sorry I can’t help – I am wrestling with sweater indecision of my own!

2. jenna says:

The Venezia pullover is a. ma. zing. That gets my vote, since I wouldn’t have the guts to do it, myself. πŸ™‚ Could you start a funky hat or mittens or something to hold you over until you get the right yarn?

3. Cara says:

I agree with Lolly as well. Start the Venezia and have it as a long term project, then knit the Phildar fast. As soon as I saw it, I thought that’s PERFECT for her!

The Venezia is gorgeous, and I love Erin’s version, too. I guess it depends on whether you want a long term project you can get lost in or a quicker knit. Both are beautiful! Sorry, not super helpful. πŸ˜‰

5. Leslie says:

Go with the Phildar sweater and wait until you can get to a yarn store that carries the yarn you need for Venezia. That’s just too iffy over the net. I’ve been thinking about a Phildar sweater for myself lately, too. They’re such great patterns.

6. stacey says:

I love that Phildar sweater! Go for it!!! 100% Merino would be perfect I think – enough structure for the leaves/lacework, but some drape too…..I think with all the wonderful sweaters out there we are all at sweater impasse!