A very special 10-10!

A birthday plate of pumpkin cookies to celebrate another 10/10! This past year was filled with lots of excitement. We started out in the beautiful city of San Francisco, living on the majestic west coast, enjoying the fruits (aka grapes) of Napa Valley and all that California has to offer. Then this summer we took the drive cross country and began our life in the Boston area.

My professional knit career has taken off and I am so proud to have been published in both Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits. To see my work in the color pages of a magazine is truly the coolest thing ever! I am hoping to continue to submit designs and make my small mark on the knitting world.

I also begin the next year of my life waiting for it's biggest and most exciting moment – the birth of our first born! I now understand all those moms and moms to be out there. This part of our lives is truly a special and unique one. From the first pregnancy test (remind me to tell you THAT story one day) to feeling it's first movement and realizing it's not gas (I think!) has been truly humbling.

I've been feeling great (knock on wood) and have just began to show. It's going to be an interesting winter and come March 2013 I'm going to have a lot more than knitting to obsess over!

To another year, a happy year, a blessed year! Thank you for all coming along the ride with me.

Happy Knitting!

PS. Don't worry I will be focusing more on my fabulous new Rocky Coast cardigan! More on that to come.

32 thoughts on “A very special 10-10!

1. thea says:

Happy birthday, happy announcement!
    And the cardigan looks fantastic :)
    Let’s hang again soon – another Mexican in Waltham, maybe — or farther over your way.

2. Marilyn says:

Such great, great news! Your mom is so excited, I will have to live vicariously through her until I become a grandmother. Best of everything and happy birthday (same day as my hubby)

3. LT says:

Congrats! I just had my first 10 weeks ago, and every second of pregnancy, labor and delivery, and parenthood has been spectacular so far. Good luck!

4. LindaLovesLace says:

Ahh, Margaux, such great things happening for you! Happy Birthday to you and continued success on ALL fronts ;-) PS ~ cardi looks fabulous!

5. regina says:

Well, I’m a day late, but I hope you had a very happy birthday! Congratulations on your wonderful news. You look beautiful (as always), and I’m totally delighted for you and your husband. I’m going to be in Boston twice a month for a new job, so I hope we have the opportunity to get together for a cup of tea some time.

6. emily says:

Congratulations on the happy news! I am a proud mom of a little 9-month-old baby and it has been so exciting to see some of my favorite bloggers go through the transition into motherhood as well. Best wishes to you and your growing family!

7. Kathy says:

Congratulations! I’d wondered about the blog silence but thought it was all about moving. I’m a little jealous – I’m waiting for the gas-y baby stage and looking pregnant instead of just feeling fat. :) I’m due in May and can’t wait to see how this journey is for you!