So I was listening to the radio this morning (101.9 RXP) and Matt and Leslie were talking about their favorite songs*. They decided to make a list of 21 songs and post them on their website. You can only imagine how hard it was for them to pick their favs being the musical geniuses they are. I guess it's no surprise that their lists hit a chord with some people who were shocked that Paul McCartney was on one list but not another or the fact that there should have been way more Elvis.
It got me thinking about which songs are my favorites and most meaningful to me and well I figured I would share a few of them here. Now, I'm no music junkie, I have my best friend Johanna for that (best mixes ever!!), but there are definitely songs that remind me of afternoons dancing in my room, parties with my girlfriends, karaoke nights, my marriage, my mom or dad or my dear brother. Some are songs that would never fall out of rotation on my ipod and others are ones that if I hear them on the radio I turn them Up Loud and sing along shamelessly.
In no particular order, here they are.
- Two Step – Dave Matthews Band
- In Your Eyes – Peter Gabriel
- My Own Worst Enemy – Lit
- Gimmie Some Lovin' – Spencer Davis Group
- When a man loves a woman – Percy Sledge
- 25 Miles – Edwin Starr
- Share – Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers
- Obvious Child – Paul Simon
- Another Night – The Real McCoy
- Viva La Vida – Coldplay
- Where the streets have no names – U2
- World Hold On – Sinclair
- Straight Up Now Tell Me – Paula Abdul
- The Way you make me feel – Michael Jackson
- Always be my baby – Mariah Carey
- Mr. Jones – The Counting Crows
- Thunderoad - Bruce Springsteen
- Sex on fire – Kings of Leon
- Enjoy the Silence – Depeche Mode
- No Woman No Cry – Bob Marley
- Just Like Heaven – The Cure
I so want to see what my other blog friends song lists are so I'm going to do a little tagging: Nonnahs, Lolly, and ADD Knitter, I'm talking to you! And just because I didn't call you out doesn't mean I don't want to know what songs are on the soundtrack to your life! If you post it, let me know! :-) Pay it forward!
There is knitting going on too – here's my mini knit update:
I fear September is going to suck the knit life out of me and this fall has just too many great knits that I can not not knit! I have 3 projects going at the moment that should I complete them by the 31st I will wear them ALL in a photo shoot despite the depressing humidity of this August. I will not be undeterred!
Don't you want to see me sweat it out with gorgeous knits on? ;-)
(*I, also, just watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist last night so this totally contributed the cause of this music inspired post.)