one sweater, two ways

Pattern: Sadie from Rowan 40
Yarn: Rowan Wool Cotton, Inky – approx 7 balls
Needles: Size 3 and 6 circs
Modifications:  I shortened the length of the body by about 4 inches and made the sleeves about 3/4 length.

This top first caught my eye on Ravelry.  I had a nice size stash of Rowan Wool Cotton that was frogged from one of my first knits (the Blanket Cardigan from Sarah Dallas) and using one of my favorite features of Ravelry I browsed to see the Project Ideas for the Wool Cotton.  My eye caught Chibitora’s Sadie (Ravelry link) and I just loved how it looked with the shorter length.

What turned out to be a very fast knit has been such a nice addition to my spring wardrobe!   It can be worn with a pretty spring dress, work clothes or with a t-shirt and jeans which is how I am sure this top will be worn more often.

I’m off to a bar to watch the Final Four – I won’t even tell you what place I am in my boyfriend’s pool. **cough**last**cough**.  I got hurt big time when Georgetown lost to Davidson – but I had a great time watching that Cinderella run so I’m not bummed.  I still have North Carolina though winning it all so maybe I won’t stay in the basement afterall…. but I think today I’ll be rooting for my sfam’s – Nonnahs – alma mater – GO UCLA! ;-)

22 thoughts on “one sweater, two ways

1. Liz K. says:

That’s a new pattern for me, and I am in love. It looks so versatile!
    And don’t feel bad about the pool. My 4 and 7 year old kids totally killed us in our family pool this year!

UGH! That game was poo. :p Thanks for rooting, though- I guess you and I weren’t enough for those Bruins. :( On the opposite end of the spectrum- this sweater is fantastic..and so great for spring. I love it!

3. Jamie says:

I envy your skill. To just whip up a garment from your stash that you can wear around and look great in. An inspiration.
    Sorry NC lost. My husband just totally won his pool. He used a ‘decision modeling’ technique from his MBA program, so if it isn’t cheating it is at least very very geeky!

4. nova says:

Crap! It’s like you knit something, and I –at the very moment of seeing the fabulousness- instantly want one too. Who knew my brown eyes could be so green?! It’s a very cute little sweater. I want one.

5. chris says:

gorgeous sadie!
    i love it’s versatility – i wouldn’t have thought of pairing it with a dress (i’m a jeans and tee girl) so now i have another reason to start knitting it! :)

6. hillary says:

When I first bought that Rowan, that sweater didn’t jump out at me, but when I saw your modifications I realized it was the perfect summer sweater I was looking for! Thank you, I love it.