another beautiful tangled yoke

There’s something magical that happens when you block a sweater.  The yarn becomes softer – the sleeves that you thought were too short end up being just right and the stitches just simply shine.

Tangled Yoke

The Details:
Pattern: Tangled Yoke from the Fall 2007 IK
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed, 7 balls
Needles: Size 5 and 4 circs

I know there are so many versions of this beautiful cardigan out there on the internets (about 320 listed in Ravelry!) and beyond so to add mine to the masses feels very unifying.  Folded gently in my dresser is a sweater that lots of my other kindred knitty friends will have worked stitch by stitch as well.  The pattern was very well written, although I did have some trouble with the initial body decreasing but just worked it out.  Other than that small bump it was all smooth sailing.

This was the first sweater I have made where the sleeves were knitted in the round then attached to the main body.  While normally I make my sleeves at the same time, I decided for this round to not mess with crazy magic loops and noticed that they did come out ever so slightly different.  Again – the magic of blocking  –  a little tug here and smoosh there and we have perfectly matched sleeves.

Tangled Yoke

I can’t really express how happy I am with this cardigan.  I also can’t believe I made this in my busiest month ever! I guess I really don’t know the speed of which I can knit? Who knew?  I did a little bit every night and then had some nice eventless weekend days that made this go quicker. I did make a full comfortbale change to knitting continental  so I’m guessing that helped with the speed.  Sign me up for NaKniSweMo! ;-) If you notice though, I have yet to sew the buttons – I was a bit anxious to have good sunlight and a photoshoot.  All that means is that there will be another photoshoot again soon!

I was also so impressed with that cabled yoke.  I mean I know I could not at this point in my knitty experience think of the way that cable would twist and turn but wow what a beautiful and delicate embellishment!

Tangled Yoke

Usually at this point I’m scheming my next knit but the beautifulness of this piece has made me want to just revel in it a bit more before I cast on again.

So I will revel…

Tangled Yoke

47 thoughts on “another beautiful tangled yoke

1. isel says:

Oh, please…stop being so modest. This is the beautifulest one out there (that I’ve seen, anyway)! Fabulouussss, I say! No, really. I absolutely love it. I’m not a fan of yoke anything and you have proved me wrong with this one. Bravo.

2. Allegra says:

Gorgeous!! Really! Great color too. I just got my felted tweed in the mail for TYC, but I am going to make myself wait until Jan to cast on…. I promised to finally make my husband a sweater. But after seeing/feeling this yarn, I don’t know how I’ll be able to wait!

3. mai says:

beautiful! i love the color! i am making a sweater with felted tweed as well. what did you think of the yarn overall? i have heard of some sweaters coming out too big even when you get gauge!

4. grumperina says:

Sure, we’ve seen a few of these around… but yours looks great! Something about the fit, and the color of the yarn you used (looks like it has a bit of mossy green in it – lovely!). Enjoy wearing it!

5. Marie says:

What a beautiful and inspiring job you’ve done. I can’t wait to get my Continental up to speed – I am working to get it there before I cast on for this great sweater! Enjoy your revel!

6. Amanda says:

What a lovely sweater! I’m your “knit bloggers” neighbor, and I’m always impressed when I pop by and see the wonderful things you’re working on. Now you’ve got me thinking about how much I want to cast on for this project–even though I already have too much on the needles already. It’s very inspiring.

7. Lolly says:

I prefer to think of it as fashionably late :) So, I missed the big unveiling, but that doesn’t mean that it didn’t stop me dead in my tracks! It is amazing, M. Perfect fit and color! Enjoy the heck out of it!

8. nova says:

I am behind on everything, but I felt the need to comment on this uber awesome piece of loveliness. That is not just another beautiful Tangled Yoke. It is uber beautiful.

9. Angela says:

This is the most beautiful sweater. I want to make it too!
    I am already knitting the Shifting Sands Scarf, which I hope to finish this weekend.
    But the sweater is show-stopping. I keep coming back to this page.
    It came out gorgeous.