Overcast Skies with a hint of Sun

Classic Knits Tube Top 3

The balloon has been popped, the power pulled, the curtain is closing.  Alas, today is the last day of my summer vacation.  I am trying to absolutely take in perspective that it’s really Not That Bad and there are Monumentally Other Sad and Horrific things that are happening in the world that deserve more attention.  However can we all agree that setting the alarm clock for 6:30am after not waking up until 9ish each day is a pretty painful and sad event?  Even for a teesy bit?

I also, mind you it’s Big Wool, finished the Tank Top from Erika Knight’s Classic Knits in a crazily fast two days.  It was exciting to work on something super bulky and sickeningly fast.  I even blew right by the armhole decreases and had to rip back about two inches because I was on such a roll.  I was so excited to finish this and so fast!! But, I seamed it this morning and well it’s just not what I thought it would be.

Classic Knits Tube Top 2

Now, I did try to put an outfit together to give you guys some good pics and yes I will be wearing it at work this fall but I wanted to LOVE it and I don’t.  It all boils down to the ribbing – I did what the pattern called for my size and did 6.5inches of K2,P1 but it definitely needs more.  I also have yet to block it which I’m hoping will give it a nicer shape and calm down the edges a bit (the shoulder keeps wanting to roll into itself).

With work rearing her head around the corner I just wanted that final satisfying FO and now feel like – well maybe I rushed it a bit. And it’s funny, you know when you’re obsessed with knitting yourself things when you go shopping for work clothes and only pick out things that will go with what you’re knitting and or want to knit.  I was at BR and put things back because I thought would clash with Cherry or Bridges…. and I bought a necklace to match Vesty here.

Tube Top

Hmmm, maybe it is redeeming itself after all. I do love that necklace ;-)

16 thoughts on “Overcast Skies with a hint of Sun

1. Denise says:

You know what I’d do? If I were in the mood to rip it out? I’d make the ribbing a little longer, but I would change the top from a Vee neck to a deep scoop neck. take a look at the Moirepoix Sweater in the new Interweave to see the shape I mean. The color is a great back to school color though!

2. Cara says:

You know – it looks too big. The ribbing doesn’t look tight enough. This isn’t a style I’m that into – but it still looks plenty cute and wearable on you!
    Good luck tomorrow! It won’t be so bad!

3. Allegra says:

It’s always such a bummer when you’re excited about an FO and then it turns out to be kind of…meh….. But, it does look great. Enjoy your last day of vacation!!

I am just getting caught up on blogs this week so I have several comments. Happy Blogiversary! It sounds like you and I started with this crazy knit world in the same way. Also, I think both your vests are cute–Bridges is my fav. I still need to get my hands on the new Rowan. Have fun going back to school (sorry summer is over for you.)

5. Ava says:

The ribbing seems off to me . . . maybe a smig longer, but then again, I hate the short shirt syndrome. Or, it might be that the V hits so close to where the ribbing begins. Keep in mind I haven’t knit a sweater in about a year (long after the Sizzle Fizzle disaster). Sorry summer ended so fast, but have a good time tomorrow. We “officially” go back on the 4th, but I’ve been back for cheerleading since last Monday.

6. Leslie says:

Gee, I like it! But I know when I knit with larger needles, I’m never satisfied with the finished product, but that’s just me. If it bothers you, it would be easy enough to do it over. I mean, it only took 2 days, right? Make yourself happy…:)

7. Leslie says:

8. Leslie says:

9. nicole says:

I agree with Heather and Leslie, it looks super-cute on you. But as most of us have learned the hard way, a “meh” reaction usually means that the poor thing ends up languishing at the bottom of the closet, and that’s no way to treat a handnit! So if you’re truly iffy about this one, you should probably give it a new life. Ripping back 2 days worth of work is not too painful in the grand scheme of things.
    And I do feel your post-vacation pain!

Let us know what happens after blocking. I hope it works out- it looks really cute on you! Sorry to hear your vacation is over (just as my work load is easing up). Hope you have a good first week back anyway! And if you need it, there’s always wine. Let me know when to get my glass ready. ;)

11. claudia says:

I think it is very cute and I think you will wear it a lot this Fall. It’s nice to have variety in your wardrobe so I try and knit a vest every Fall because they are so practical and fun to wear.