Ciao Bella

Nothing like a FO  to bring you back to good spirits!

Ciao Bella

Pattern: Retro Redux Shrug from Lace Style
Yarn: Blue Sky Dyed Cotton, color 626 – two balls
Needles: Size 8, 9, 10 and 10.5!! I used all circulars

I spent the majority of last Sunday and Monday knitting it up and finally got it finished today.  The pattern was uber-simple as the main body really is just a large rectangle.  The different needles are used for the shaping which took a lot of thought out of it.  Thoughtless knits is what has been my Savior this week!

With my fantastic trip head of me things at the school office seem to be picking up rather than slowing down for the summer.  I won’t get into too much detail as not to bring this happy FO post to a Debbie Downer but sheesh I think I’m more stressed now that I was in the height of my admission season!

Anyway this shrug was such a great easy therapeutic knit for me.  I plan on sporting her to every church, museum and chapel we visit in Rome.  Perhaps I’ll even do a little pseudo modeling in front of the Spanish Steps… yes yes these thoughts are making me feel better!   The only teeny concern I have is how much the cotton will shed.  It’s already left a good amount of fluff on the dress I was wearing…

I’m back to working on Cherry which will be joining me on my planes, trains and boats in Italy.  I want to bring another project with me as well to keep things interesting but haven’t decided what.  Time to go Ravel in what to make…

24 thoughts on “Ciao Bella

1. Jenna says:

Looks awesome! Nothing in that book really jumped out at me, but I might have to give that pattern another look. And that’s probably one of the only 100% cottons I’d ever knit with :)

2. Denise says:

Why are they called “Shrugs”? Makes them seem so…everyday. They should be called Zings! or Wows! Note to you: that’s too much bosom for the Vatican, maybe pack a turtleneck halter? Just kidding.

3. Kirsten says:

I love it! The pattern never really caught my eye in Lace Style, but now seeing yours I’m going to have to take another look.
    Have a great trip to Rome!

4. jillian says:

Ooohhh, that looks wonderful on you! Great job! Having used Blue Sky cotton for a couple projects, may I suggest throwing her (dry) with a towel into a hot dryer for 10-15 minutes? It will take away alot of the initial fuzz!

It is beautiful! Really, really lovely. Hope your stress level lowers soon and you can focus all your energy on the fun stuff in life, like knitting and fabulous trips.

6. Stella says:

Man, that is both simple and elegant — two things that don’t go together nearly often enough. The collar in particular is really lovely.
    Have a great trip!