guess who’s back

back again!

tenten’s back. tell a friend.  You patience, my friends, for a new post from me is has not been in vain!

I know I’ve already stated on this here blog how much I truly love my mother but I just don’t think I did it justice.  If you only Knew what she has done for me, what she’s done for her mom, for her husband and son, for us ALL you will say, "wow, I know Love incarnate."  I know there are mothers out there just like her and boy aren’t we LUCKY and blessed.

Project: Bedroom

MINI bedroom

My mini bedroom is probably about 6×10 feet.  The queen Juuust fits with a comfortable walkway on the left side of the bed.  What you see there is a door on the back wall which makes it feel more like a hallway than a bedroom.

My mother had an idea and I let her just roll with it.

Bedroom now!

Add a little AP dust (my mom’s initals) and you have this Goregeous bedroom.  My BF couldn’t stop exclaming each time he walked in.  We bought a few yarns of fabric, some slats, a strong stape gun and whola!  No more door, a goregous backdrop that actually matches the beige landlord paint and a very cozy bedroom indeed!  I also found that my cubes (albet two) fit on the left hand side so I can easily have my lamp and alarm clock there!

Project: Kitchen

Let’s take a tour of my kitchen.  The room itself is huge – it’s actually more  a dining room/kitchen in my mind.  What we see here is a large counter top with just space underneath and a shelf.  No sliding drawers… it needed something. I went out and bought some tubs to put away pots and pans and the like but there was something missing.

Enter my mom and her lovely creativity.

Kitchen Counter

I picked out the fabric but she did the rest. She’s also working on curtains for me!  What a freakin’ lucky girl am I!?  Of course I really want to learn how to sew so I can do all these things but for now I’ll let her take all the praise and credit!!

Plus, All of these mama creations makes me excited to be creating again.  The whole moving process sucked out so much of my knitting mojo I didn’t know what I was doing with myself.  Perhaps it’s the hope of the 75 degree spring weather (where are you!?),  the wonderful feeling of being DONE with moving, or the ideas that were sparked with the final night of my beginners’ knitting class I taught – but I am ready so excited about some new knits (and am inspired to finish some old)!

My wonderful beginner’s knitting class opened my eyes to how fantastically simple and fulfilling home knitting is.  They all were searching the shop for patterns outside the cliche beginner’s projects of scarves or hats.  What they did find were great simple home knits and a fabulously cute pillow in the process.  Nothing makes a new apartment say "home" then a few hand knitted pillows I say.

And that Victorian Lace KAL, geeze, every time I see it updated I want to cast on. I’m actually a lurking member and need to get my act together to cast on for one of those beauties.

OH, Cathi, guess who got herself some Wallace and Gromit patterns!?  They’re in the ‘post’ as we speak. I’m so excited.   Toys will so be finding a home on my needles this spring and summer…

Of course Cherie will be popping her head in, I have a feeling I’ll have to modify her in some way – but I figured I’d go ahead and finish the way the pattern says and then go from there.  It will be my first true time of doing a major mod on a pattern. (shivers!)

Also, with all the apt cleaning I’ve found that I have quite the extensive collection of old corks from the many bottles that have been popped over the past two years or so.  With a little help from a friend I’m envisioning a cork board to be placed in the kitchen! I’m so excited about the simple project.

Phew, talk about a lovely long photo filled post!  I hope everyone has a lovely weekend (Happy Easter and Passover!)  Thanks for waiting and popping by :-)

24 thoughts on “guess who’s back

1. Christine says:

I was just thinking you hadn’t updated in awhile. Welcome back!! That place looks great, you mom had some amazing ideas.

2. Allegra says:

Wow…. love the bedroom….can your mom come to my house to decorate? We just moved last weekend and I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed with the unpacking!!

Your Mom is amazing!!! Your bedroom is transformed–what a difference. Your new digs look great. Glad you are done with moving though–I hate moving.

4. Brenda says:

Your Mom worked wonders! The bedroom looks amazing, as does the kitchen. Enjoy your new place!
    Looking forward to seeing the knitting. I’m glad your mojo is back. It’s very sad when the mojo goes on holiday.

5. Ava says:

So, when is AP coming to my house? The bedroom looks fab-u-lous! Aren’t crafty moms the best? I am currently in a battle of the wills with my uber-crafty mom as I made the unfortunate comment “You know how to knit” when she asked for a pair of lacy socks and, when I aksed her to sew something, yep, I heard “You know how to sew.” Have a wonderful weekend and hug your mom!

6. Heather says:

Wow, how exciting! There’s nothing more exciting that than rearranging your living space, it’s like a DIY show came and redid everything. Your mom rules!

7. Katina says:

Glad that you are back! Your apartment looks great and your mom seems amazing.
    Perhaps a little knitted something for mom next?

8. jacqueline says:

for some reason your pics weren’t loading for me yesterday so i missed seeing the transformation until i came back today. your mum really is talented. i’d certainly be prepared to hire her to give me some advice.
    parents are amazing with what they will do for their children. my mum worked two jobs so that i got the opportunity to go to a private high school.

9. Cathi says:

Your place does look amazing- hooray! What a great feeling.
    And I’m so excited for your W&G toys- which patterns did you get?
    I’m excited to see you back- I’ve been missing ya!

10. Ang says:

Wherewherewhere did you get Wallace and Gromit fabric? I stumbled onto your blog through a search engine because I’m desperately trying to find some W&G fabric!! Please let me know.

11. LYNN21Figueroa says:

Every one admits that life is not cheap, however different people require money for different stuff and not every one gets enough money. Hence to receive good loan or sba loan would be a proper solution.