I’m feeling all sorts of R-a-n-d-o-m today. Not like any of my posts have followed a strict beginning, middle and end sequence anyway.
– I’m so freakin’ happy it’s Friday! I had a pretty busy week and finally my on the road phase of my job is drawing to a close. Today was the final day of back to back presentations. I can now return to a more normal work day. This gives me and my car much joy.
– The scarf for Julie is coming along fabulously. I can’t stop looking at it. The dying that manos is famous for is amazing to me. Plus the feel! It’s so squishy! I’m so happy I went up the needle size. I’m on to the next ball and expect a solid finish. Just in time for her marathon! Ahh scarves they are just such an immediate release.
– Rusted Root, after having a false start is also well on it’s way. I’m just above the shaping and I think it’s gonna fit!! It’s become a nice, relaxing, meditative, tv along knit. The pattern is clearly written (even though I managed to get confused, it’s all me folks, allll me) and the leaf motif is cute too. I would have maybe decrease the stitches differently but I’m working it like the pattern showed me and perhaps I’ll change it up a bit if I make another. Fab job Zypher ladies!
– My needles have come in so I can finally finish the BOLERO! I’m worried though about the picking up of stitches. I feel like I’m going to need a few cups of coffee to concentrate. I do have plans to make another bolero for my mother.
– For all my Hoboken area knitters: we’re trying to make the Hoboken SnB knitting group grow so here’s my plug for all my blog readers. Tuesday nights starting at 7:30 at the Frozen Monkey Cafe off of Washington Street between 5th and 6th! Come and play! If you’re just visiting Hoboken, come too!
– Lastly, HELLO RHEINBACK!!! Oh my goodness, I’m almost in denial that it’s this weekend. Granted I won’t have my Rusted Root, but I do have my socks from long ago AND my scarf. I feel like it’s going to the North Pole and meeting Santa Claus! I am worried that it’s going to be pure sensory overload. I’m traveling up and back from Hoboken with a friend so it’s a full day fibery road trip.
I hope everyone has a nice, relaxing, fun filled weekend!